[horde] ActiveSync Log: ERR: PING terminating, forcing a SYNC: Previous syncstate has been removed.

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jun 6 14:41:30 UTC 2012

Quoting Stefan Johänntgen <Stefan at nicolejo.de>:

> Hi,
>
> if I create ther first new contact inmy iphone he appears within a
> few seconds in the Horde webinterface (Turba).
> But the second takes hours until the entry is in the address book.
>
> There is alway the "busy" Symbol on my iphone Adressbook
>
> In the ActiveSync Log I found this error:
>
> ActiveSync Log: ERR: PING terminating, forcing a SYNC: Previous
> syncstate has been removed.

This occurs when the server-side state for the device is removed. It
basically means that the device expects the server to know about a
certain state, but the server has no idea, so the device initiates a
fresh sync. It usually happens when there was some unexpected/uncaught
error during the last sync attempt.

Were there any other errors in the horde log or the server error log?

> The ActiveSync Settings are "device managed".
>
> Is there perhaps a Problem with Apache Config?

This is unlikely. If it was a web server config issue, the sync would
never had started.

> PS How can I post the log-File from the first and second
> syncronisation, I thing 500 Lines. Per Copy and Paste or an
> attachment?

You may send the the sync log(s) as an attachment directly to my email
address of mrubinsk at horde.org (the mailing list will likely strip it).

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)