[horde] tickets whups-mail-filter syntax/issue

Klaus Boehme kadybee at iig.com.au
Wed Jun 6 23:12:23 UTC 2012

I can't seem to get the whups-mail-filter connecting to an external
server to collect/check mail.

Installed Horde 4.0.15, Tickets (whups) 2.0.2 and IMP 5.0.21 - which are
all working as expected (on Ubuntu 11.10 Server).

I am assuming that by running the /usr/bin/whups-mail-filter with the
correct syntax from the command line, it should check an external
mailbox and pass those messages to the tickets queue.

I have access to the external mail server and can see by the connection
logs that the command is not actually connecting, yet I can't find any
error logs on the horde server for the mail filter to determine what is
going wrong.

The command line I am running is:

/usr/bin/whups-mail-filter --queue-name=helpdesk --mail-host
mail.***.com --mail-user username --mail-pass userpass

I have tried a number of syntax variations (using =variable and
'variable' and "variable" etc).

The command just returns to the prompt with no errors. I have tried a
number of mail servers with no sign of a connection attempt from the
whups-mail-filter.

I'm likely missing something obvious!  Any help/advice is appreciated.

Klaus