[horde] Class 'Horde_ActiveSync_State_Sql' not found

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Oct 27 16:51:55 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 27 October 2012 12:10, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Why would it need to be installed separately?
>>

>> It's an *optional* dependency. If you didn't tell PEAR to install all
>> optional dependencies then you have to manually install it.
>
> Sorry, I really wish the reply-to header was set on this list.
>
> I'm still confused by optional dependencies - *I* don't want to
> install all optional dependencies because then I get the LDAP stuff I
> don't want...  There's no way to tell which optional dependencies I do
> want unless I make a note of them.  Also, since a large point of H5 is
> the email sync, I'm surprised that ActiveSync is "optional".

Anything not absolutely required for the functioning of a basic horde
install is optional. That, plus there are licensing issues in the US
that, while not resolved by simply making it optional, at least allows
us to bring some attention to it by making sure someone installing it
absolutely knows they are doing so.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)