[horde] H5 ActiveSync / Samsung Galaxy S3: mapping for home/work email addresses

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:55:21 UTC 2012

On 27 November 2012 17:25, rbankhead <robin.bankhead at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gabriel,
>
> I have seen those, but what I'm not clear on is what the different fields
> will be named when sent from Turba to the device via ActiveSync, and how (or
> whether) how I setup the fields would govern that.
>
> Also, both wiki pages are for H4 so I'm wary over compatibility. For one
> thing, sources.php is now backends.php...

>From my install notes..

Add in some custom changes and also make lastname not required.

vim /usr/share/horde4/turba/config/attributes.php

//Added by SPB
$attributes['workEmail'] = array(
        'label' => _("Work Email"),
        'type' => 'email',
        'required' => false,
        'params' => array('allow_multi' => false, 'strip_domain' =>
false, 'link_compose' => true)
);

$attributes['workCellPhone'] = array(
    'label' => _("Work Mobile Phone"),
    'type' => 'cellphone',
    'required' => false
);

cp /usr/share/horde4/turba/config/backends.php
/usr/share/horde4/turba/config/backends.local.php

vim /usr/share/horde4/turba/config/backends.local.php

//Added by SPB
        'workEmail' => 'object_email',
        'homePhone' => 'object_homephone',
        'workPhone' => 'object_workphone',
        'cellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',
        'workCellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',

        _("Communications") => array('email', 'workEmail',
'homePhone', 'workPhone',
                                     'cellPhone', 'workCellPhone',
'fax', 'pager'),

Run the following SQL commands from the panel

ALTER TABLE `turba_objects`
ADD `object_workEmail` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `object_email`,
ADD `object_workCellPhone` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL AFTER `object_cellphone`

or maybe just:

ALTER TABLE `turba_objects`
ADD `object_workCellPhone` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL AFTER `object_cellphone`

Hope this helps.

Simon