[horde] Horde 5 questions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 3 12:54:09 UTC 2012

Zitat von Benedetto Vassallo <benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it>:

> Hi all,
> I recently installed horde 5.0.2 in a test server with a new
> database, and all works fine for me.
> Now I want to planning to upgrade my production installation (horde
> 3.3.11) to the new release of horde.
> Before proceding i want to ask you something:
>
> How can I upgrade horde 3 database?
> Is it sufficient just point the new horde installation to the old
> database and then click on the "Update
> schema" link in the configuration screen?

Should work, if you always kept your database up-to-date while
updating Horde 3 versions.

> Becouse the old horde database is using latin1 charset and h5 will
> use the UTF-8 charset, it is possible to convert the old database
> charset to avoid broken characters (like à, è ...)?

No. There is an example script for Mnemo how this is supposed to be
done, but there is not general conversion for all data. It's safest to
stick with latin1 for now.

http://www.horde.org/apps/gollem/roadmap

> Then I have a feature request too:
> imp - Is it possible to have the "link attachment" option in dynamic
> view too?

Not yet.

> imp - It is possible to automatically link all attachments bigger
> than a specified size?

No.

--
Jan Schneider