[horde] Fwd: Re: ActiveSync - only sync's freshly saved contacts

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jan 7 23:26:26 UTC 2013

--
Mike
Sent from mobile

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [horde] ActiveSync - only sync's freshly saved contacts
From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
To: horde at tomseeley.co.uk
CC:

----- Forwarded message from Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> -----
    Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:20:16 -0500
    From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
      To: Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>

Quoting Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>> Hi,

> Having just imported ~200 contacts from a CSV I was expecting them
> to be sync'd to my phone, but they did not.  However if I edit a
> contact and save it in turba (I don't actually have to change
> anything), that contact then syncs successfully.
>
> I assume this isn't desired behavior, but an accident of efficient
> syncing, ie that horde only syncs fresh contacts, and the import
> doesn't mark them correctly.
>
> I'm not awfully keen on manually re-saving 200 contacts, does anyone
> have a quicker way of achieving the same goal?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom.

Sounds like this could be 1 of 2 things. Either the contacts were
imported into an address book not flagged for syncing or this is a bug
and imported contacts are not added to the history system.

If you are sure they are in a synched  address book, please create a
bug ticket. If not, add the address book to the list of synched
sources in your user prefs.

..and don't worry, you shouldn't have to re-enter them.
--
Mike
Sent from mobile

Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk> wrote: