[horde] Session overflow

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Fri Feb 15 07:18:45 UTC 2013

Hello,

We just found some powerusers in our horde system with Session data in
MySQL bigger than 64k (max size of type blob) causing horde to crash and
log them out.
MySQL cuts the serialized session object after 64k so when Horde reads
it again, it is not valid anymore.
We changed the SessionHandler.Session_Data column in the horde database
to mediumblob (16M) and the problem disappeared immediately.

Is this a known issue ? I suppose we are not the only ones with such
power users.
Shouldn't Horde log warnings of such overflows from MySQL ?

kind regards,
Claude

--
Claude Tompers