[horde] AS email not current

simon at simonandkate.net simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Mar 4 13:20:15 UTC 2013

Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16

On 04/03/2013, at 9:45 PM, Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net> wrote:

>>> Thanks Mike. You know how much I hate it when things start working
>>> by themselves with no change????? Lots.
>>>
>>> I tried today in Outlook with an IMAP connection to my mailbox.
>>> Deleted some emails. When my iOS devices next connected, the
>>> mailbox changes (deletions) were correctly sent through. So that is
>>> with both Apple Mail and MS Outlook 2010 that deletions in other
>>> MUAs are correctly sync'ed through AS.
>>>
>>> Then tried in Imp again. And it updated. :-O
>>>
>>> Man I hate that.
>>>
>>> I haven't changed ANYTHING.
>>>
>>> Anyway, apologies for the noise, I'll monitor and see if it reoccurs.
>>>
>>> Simon.
>>
>> I spoke too soon. It was updating automatically for a while, then
>> stopped again.
>>
>> At this stage I have one email that ActiveSync thinks is there but
>> that isn't.
>>
>> I have confirmed that the email does NOT exist in the Cyrus
>> partition, so the IMAP delete has successfully completed.
>>
>> Is there any way to see what UIDs ActiveSync has cached, and what it
>> is getting from IMAP to compare?
>>
>> I then deleted a second email from Imp, and it also hung up...
>> deleted OK on the Cyrus partition, but AS still thinks it's there.
>>
>> Third email deleted then from Outlook - and it also hung up... as
>> per last one, gone in Cyrus, AS still thinks it's there.
>>
>> Sounding to me like AS caching something incorrectly reading the
>> Cyrus list. Could it be related to bug 11115?
>>
>> Simon

Deleted text as the email was too big...

This sounds VERY similar, with another non-MS EAS implementation: http://forums.kerio.com/t/22661//

And similar thread,
http://forums.kerio.com/?t=msg&th=22152&

They have been having exactly the same issue, affecting some of their user base only.

The one thing I haven't given you is the AS log from when the iOS device tries to delete a msg that no longer exists, will do that tomorrow.

Simon.