[horde] Can't go to administration configuration

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:23:08 UTC 2013

Please don't top-post.

On 19 March 2013 17:22, Angus <anguschang007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Angus <anguschang007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just installed horde and following the configuring step from Horde
>> document (http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#configuring-horde).
>> I have finished the step 2 change the conf.php.dist to conf.php. Now, I can
>> go the my horde page without password, but I can't go to the Administration
>> -> Configuration and syslog output "[horde] Permission denied.". However, I
>> have changed owner of my horde files and folders to apache:apache.
>>
>> So what's wrong on this?

> I have new discovery after deleted my browser cookies. The permission
> denied is gone, but that have new system log came with database issue (The
> database configuration is missing. [pid 1684 on line 133 of
> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Core/Factory/Db.php"]) and Chrome also output error
> 355 (Error 355 (net::ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING): The server
> unexpectedly closed the connection.). Should I need to create database and
> add database configuration to conf.php first?
>
> Please help me.

Normally, you don't need the database created before you start the
configuration, but it does help to have a blank db and a user with the
rights to edit it before you start.
Assuming you have a database user (with password) to use, you should
be able to create the db using the script.

4. Creating databases
Once you created the database configuration in the previous step, you
can create all database tables by hitting the Update all DB schemas
button in the configuration screen.
Please note that this requires the database that you entered in the
database configuration to already exist, and the configured database
user to have sufficient permissions to create new tables in this
database.
Alternatively you can run the bin/horde-db-migrate script in the Horde
directory from the command line.

Simon