[horde] How to improve waiting times for ajax requests?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Apr 19 18:32:59 UTC 2013

Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:

> On 04/19/13 01:50 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:

>>> In my case, disabling cache compression makes "first load"
>>> significantly faster.
>>
>> This is correct,and expected.  Once the static javascript cache has
>> either been cleared -or- there is a difference in the composition
>> of the javascript package for a page, which normally won't happen
>> until/unless a version changes, a new javascript compressed
>> "package" must be generated.
>
> or if the cache "lifetime" has expired, right? The default value of
> 86400 would mean that at least one user would experience the slow
> is set to a very large value?

No.  The lifetime is really just there to:

1) prevent the static directory from building up with files
2) workaround any issues with broken web servers that might cause
files to be cached incorrectly
3) like any cache data, it's a good idea to clean it out every once in
a while Just In Case

All that being said, it probably does make more sense to make the
default lifetime something more like a week or a month instead.

michael