[horde] ActiveSync: triplicate calendar entries on device

Tom Seeley horde at tomseeley.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 21:40:24 UTC 2013

> If you truly only have one entry like is shown in the portion of the
> log you made available, I have absolutely no idea what is going on.
> This means Horde is adding the entry once, but your client is
> creating it locally multiple times.

truly.  Full log file starts 12 hours before that event gets added and
is currently still being appended to (over a day later).  a grep -c
for the event title (tomtestevent) returns 1.

I'm almost entirely certain that this is a relatively recent
development, although several things have changed recently.  A few
upgrades to Horde and 1 to Android (4.0 to 4.1)

> I *did* see some oddity with your email though. The heartbeat sync
> finds a change in an email folder every time it runs, but when it
> tries to fetch those changes, the change is not returned. The
> heartbeat sync resumes, finds the change again, etc... This should
> not be happening. No idea if it's related to your multiple event
> issue though. Do you use Cyrus by any chance?

nope, dovecot 2.0.9 (Centos 6)

Comparing the snippet I gave you to what is happening now would
suggest this isn't happening anymore.  It seems to have fixed itself,
apparently by doing a full sync:

2013-07-16T21:06:00+01:00 INFO: [11746] Found 14 message changes in d385f77b.
2013-07-16T21:06:00+01:00 INFO: [11746] No PIM changes present,
returning all messages.

Just doing a little experiment, when set to manual sync I only get 1
entry on my device (even when I sync multiple times), the problem only
occurs when the device is set to "push", so perhaps the problem is
related to the issue you saw in the logs?

I'm happy to give you access to the full log if it will help, but it
is growing at quite a rapid rate, since I enabled it yesterday evening
it has grown to 60MB.

Thanks,

Tom.