[horde] Dynamic Webmail - VFS File Error

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 27 03:32:22 UTC 2013

Quoting Brian Spraker <spraker at yahoo.com>:

> Finally, a newer issue.  Maybe this is caused by a configuration
> problem - and would be nice if there was a way to fully shut off VFS
> if that is even possible.  I have shut off VFS usage in the IMP
> configuration (top setting on the Compose tab) - but that didn't
> change anything.

If you have disabled VFS, we still use VFS internally (since VFS is
nothing more than an abstraction of a file system, we can use it for
accessing ANY file system.  That obviously includes the local
filesystem).

VFS uses the temporary directory returned by Horde::getTempDir() so if
you are having access problems, the temporary directory you have
configured in Horde does not have the correct permissions.

michael