[horde] Dynamic Webmail - VFS File Error

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 27 03:38:10 UTC 2013

Quoting Brian Spraker <spraker at yahoo.com>:

> Just found a whole thing about the signature issue and the reasons
> for/against it:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/33454
>
> I do understand Michael's points on here about signatures being
> 'junk' and is just wasted space in e-mails.  But what about the fact
> that if someone sends you an e-mail initially - then you reply to it
> - your signature isn't even applied at all?

Incorrect.  Your signature is ALWAYS applied.  It just doesn't show up
in the compose window.

Not that I am looking for any validation - but just wanted to point
out that Gmail also doesn't show your signature information in the
compose window anymore (at least for replies).  I can guarantee that
any Gmail UI decision is a long involved process - anybody that knows
anything about the Google culture can vouch for this - so if they came
to this decision... I guess I'll just let their actions speak for
itself.

(Caveat: I've long been someone who is has said that Gmail is not
necessarily what you should look to as a primary influence regarding
UI/UX design.  But that doesn't mean you can't look at each individual
design decision to determine its merits).

michael