[horde] Question about upgrading from Horde 3.3.11 to latest version

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Thu Jun 12 16:18:18 UTC 2014

----- Mensagem de timgrooms at noacon.com ---------
     Data: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:31:06 -0500
     De: Tim Grooms <timgrooms at noacon.com>
  Assunto: [horde] Question about upgrading from Horde 3.3.11 to latest version
       Para: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hello,
>
> New to the mailing list.  Just inherited a server running Fedora 10
> and Horde 3.3.11.
> Need to know the best way to go about upgrading to the latest Horde.
>  Do I have to
> upgrade to 4.0 first and then to 5.0 etc or is there a way to
> upgrade directly to the
> latest version?

I have upgraded to Horde 5 from:

Mnemo H3 (2.2.4)
Kronolith H3 (2.3.5)
Turba H3 (2.3.5)
Imp H3 (4.3.9)
Mimp H3 (1.1.3)
Ingo H3 (1.2.5)
Horde 3.3.11

First of all, have your database and Horde installation backed up. I
installed a fresh Horde 5 and its applications installation by pear
and verified that everything was running OK. Then, in short:

- I recover the old Horde DB (Mysql)
- Removed /var/www/horde/*/config/conf.php
- cp  conf.php.dist   conf.php (on horde/config)
- Enter Horde to configure DB, horde user and password
- Applied: horde-db-migrate  >  HordeDNMigrateH311H515.txt, that last
for about 10 to 15 minutes, and generated a 103MB text file
(HordeDNMigrateH311H515.txt)
- Refreshed configuration page
- Continue with configurations (and all DB updated)
- copied kronolith-convert-to-utc.php to  /var/www/horde/kronolith/migration/
- changed to  /var/www/horde/kronolith/migration/
- run: php  kronolith-convert-to-utc.php

Verify that it is working fine on the new installation.

Mauricio

----- Final da mensagem de timgrooms at noacon.com -----