[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Aug 4 15:08:59 UTC 2014

----- Mensagem de Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> ---------
           Data: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 09:27:26 -0400
             De: Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>
Responder para: campbell at cnpapers.com
        Assunto: Re: [horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server
           Para: horde at lists.horde.org

> On 8/4/2014 8:30 AM, Steffen wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Steve Campbell wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering what needs to be considered to move a pre-4.0 MySQL
>>> database to a new server for IMP users. We only used IMP from the
>>> old framework.
>>
>>> Should I be able to export the old data and import it into the new
>>> database or has the database changed significantly?
>>
>> See http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING
>>
>> I've exported the old database to a test system equally configured
>> to the current system, upgraded there to 3.3.5. On a 2nd test
>> machine I setup H5 with a config the final server is to run with.
>> On the H5 test machine I dropped the database, imported the one
>> from v3.3.5, then I ran webmail-install again, which upgrades the
>> old database, but also kills the config. That database I imported
>> to the production server.
>>
>> Maybe, you should run "horde-db-migrate" instead of
>> webmail-install, but the time I migrated my servers I wasn't aware
>> of that command.
>>
>> Note: I imported always the whole database by deleting the existing
>> one and re-creating the DB from scratch. I also used the SQL export
>> file to patch some stuff, e.g. migrated to UTF8 and changed the
>> OWNER of the database.
>>
> Thanks,
>
> I'm still not sure where to start. I've got 2 tables that have real
> data in them on the old system, horde_prefs and turba_objects. I
> suppose I should dump those two tables on the new server and create
> them with dumps from the old server using mysqldump. Maybe drop the
> entire database(?) but that seems real risky.
>
> After that, I'm lost. The link doesn't describe how to upgrade other
> than incrementally upgrading from one version to another to the
> next, and so on. I hope that doesn't mean I need to install old
> versions to get the upgrade scripts.
>
> steve

In January I have upgraded to Horde 5.1.5 from:

Mnemo H3 (2.2.4)
Kronolith H3 (2.3.5)
Turba H3 (2.3.5)
Imp H3 (4.3.9)
Mimp H3 (1.1.3)
Ingo H3 (1.2.5)
Horde 3.3.11

First install a fresh Horde and its applications installation (by
pear) and verify that everything is running OK, on a test server.
Then, in short:

- Read all INSTALL and UPGRADING documents.
- Recover the old Horde DB (Mysql).
- Remove configuration files from new instaltion
(/var/www/horde/*/config/conf.php).
- Copy Horde configuration distribution file: cp  conf.php.dist
conf.php (on horde/config).
- Enter Horde via browser to configure DB, horde user and password. No
password is required.
- Apply: horde-db-migrate  >  HordeDBMigrate.txt, that last for about
10 to 15 minutes for my installation, and generated a 103MB text file
(HordeDBMigrate.txt).
- Refresh Horde configuration page.
- Continue with configurations (and all DB updated)
- For Turba, you might have to copy (cp backends.php
backends.local.php) and edit backends.local.php to remove nonexisting
entries (or create then).
- Copy kronolith-convert-to-utc.php to  /var/www/horde/kronolith/migration/
- Change to  /var/www/horde/kronolith/migration/
- Run: php  kronolith-convert-to-utc.php.
- Define your default local zone.
- Some user preferences must be reviwed.

Mauricio

----- Final da mensagem de Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> -----

Maurício José T. Tecles
Núcleo de Informática
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544