[horde] upgrading / scripts folder?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Oct 6 14:33:34 UTC 2014

Quoting Joe @ 3ZZZ <joe at 3zzz.net>:

> Hello -
>
> I've been trying to upgrade from Horde 3 to 5, but seem to be stuck.
> My new installation of Horde doesn't have a scripts directory - is
> that where I'd find any SQL upgrade scripts?  Haven't been able to
> find that anywhere.  Do I need to look on Git?

Starting with Horde 4, we moved to a "migrations" system that is
responsible for maintaining the db schema between versions. The
migration system assumes that any existing database schema that hasn't
been migrated is in the same state it would have been as of the last
stable version of Horde 3. It sounds to me like at least some of your
applications were not fully up to date with H3 when you decided to
move to H5.

> Below is a summary of the issues I'm seeing on the new system.
> Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions,
> Joe
>

> installed horde with pear and it did not seem to come with a scripts
> directory?
>
> "At least one database schema is outdated"
> mnemo is coming from H3 (2.2.3)
> when i try to update the schema for mnemo, this is the error:
>   QUERY FAILED: Unknown column 'share_parents' in 'mnemo_shares'
> ALTER TABLE `mnemo_shares` CHANGE `share_parents` `share_parents`
> varchar(4000)

See above.

> Everything else on the page says "SQL DB schema is ready."
>
> When the user clicks on the 'Calendar' menu heading, the calendar
> appears with this error:
>
> QUERY FAILED: Unknown column 'event_url' in 'field list' SELECT
> event_id, event_uid, event_description, event_location,
> event_private, event_status, event_attendees, event_title,
> event_recurcount, event_url, event_timezone, event_recurtype,
> event_recurenddate, event_recurinterval, event_recurdays,
> event_start, event_end, event_allday, event_alarm,
> event_alarm_methods, event_modified, event_exceptions,
> event_creator_id, event_resources, event_baseid,
> event_exceptionoriginaldate FROM kronolith_events WHERE calendar_id
> = 'gltKD7I_VyqNLLZyvfDtqw1' AND ((event_end >= '2014-08-31 07:00:00'
> AND event_start <= '2014-10-05 06:59:59') OR (event_recurenddate >=
> '2014-08-31 07:00:00' AND event_start <= '2014-10-05 06:59:59' AND
> event_recurtype <> 0))

Same here.

> When try to add a contact with the address book:
> There was an error adding the new contact. Contact your system
> administrator for further help.

Most likely the same issue, though there should be an error in the log
as well.

> The requested URL /nag/t/save was not found on this server.

This has been discussed ad nauseam on the mailing list. Essentially,
your rewrite rules are missing/incorrect/not enabled.

> Fatal error with ingo, duplicate key.  This happened for a few
> customers and I was able to resolve by updating the ingo_rules table
> and changing the id from 0 to the next number incrementally. For now
> I've taken Ingo out of the config.

Probably the same as above, though I'm not as familiar with Ingo as
other devs...

--
mike
The Horde Project