[horde] Address AutoComplete for Imp Compose Not Working, Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.2, Imp 6.2.2, Turba 4.2.2

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Fri Oct 24 13:37:21 UTC 2014

I am sure I have done something really dumb to disable address
auto-complete in Imp's compose window, but I can not figure out what I
have set to cause it to stop working.

Earlier this year address auto-complete worked fine, but this is a beta
test install.  So we have been experimenting and testing along with
upgrading and at some point (not exactly sure when) auto-complete
stopped working.

Our turba backends.local.php file disables the localsql address book and
sets up the personal_ldap address book and everything works great except
auto-complete when composing an email.

Here is what happens (or more correctly doesn't happen):

The imp compose window opens, I enable firebug to monitor what is going
on and start typing a To|CC|BCC address.  When I get to the third char
($conf['compose']['ac_threshold'] = 3;) nothing happens.  There is
nothing in the firebug console log and no net traffic.

It is as if there are no js actions attached to the address fields in
the compose window at all.

So I expect I have set something somewhere in our beta test imp or turba
configs, prefs or backend settings that has disabled address
auto-complete so that it is not even loaded into the compose
window....but I have searched the docs and the files and have found
nothing that looks like it could turn off address auto-complete.

One last bit of information, our production webmail installation (very
old version using the basic interface) uses the same personal_ldap
address book and settings and address auto-complete works fine there as
well.

So does anyone know which innocent-looking imp|turba config, backend, or
pref setting that could completely disable address auto-complete in the
imp compose window?

Thanks in advance for helping me find my silly mistake.

--
Andy Dorman