[horde] Empty window opening S/MIME signed messages

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Mon Nov 24 21:17:56 UTC 2014

Citēts Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:20:28 -0700:

> Quoting Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>
>> Citēts Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>

>>> Upgrade Horde/IMP.
>>
>> no way while there is no clarity on how I can have my notes
>> collection nicely visually organized without involving searching
>> any time I need to get something from the collection. I better read
>> such e-mails from console or not at all than loose Categories.
>>
>> I got this problem after "upgrade" to 5.2. and immediate return to
>> 5.1.6 finding Categories replaced by tags. There is obvious
>> Imp-6.1.7's incompatibility with some more recent libs installed
>> during "upgrade" as there is no option of forced install of older
>> versions having _their dependencies_ automatically resolved.
>
> Regardless of your thoughts about Horde's upgrade process (which are
> irrelevant for the current topic), you asked a question about a
> specific PHP error in an old version of the software.
>
> The only way you are going to get meaningful support for errors like
> this are either:
>
> 1.) Upgrading to the current version of the software and verifying
> that the error remains unfixed/reproducible
> 2.) Tracing/fixing the error yourself

Dear Michael,

all I am asking for the 5th or 6th time is just the list of the
versions of modules compatible with Horde 5.1.6. That's all - all the
rest I'll do on myself.

Don't you as developers keep track on what you develop? Why there is
no compatibility info about it on the http://pear.horde.org/ page? If
the information on modules' compatibility is automatically classified
as the younger version of it is out, it should be mentioned somewhere.

As I say for the 3rd or 4th time - before upgrade from 5.1.5 to 5.2.1
and (slightly unlucky) reverting back I had no problems with S/MIME
signed messages.

I don't understand why you are so against the idea that some of your
long time users feel good about the old, stable, tested versions with
their specific bells and whistles and do not long for the most bright
and shiny thingies?

Janis

P.S. How can I trace any problem created by you (as team) and key to
it being kept behind 7 keys? I traced it as fas as I could and I do
not plant to go for reverse engineering, just to go forward I need
this compatibility list of previous stable release. For the 7th time.