[horde] Global preferences won't persist...

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 11:11:06 UTC 2015

On 04-01-2015 02:55, Michael Robinson wrote:
> conf.php from horde5/config is attached along with backends.php from
> horde5/imp/config.  I can't get the default identity to persist with

You shouldn't attach sensitive configuration files with passwords for
your servers. I recommend you change those passwords.

> the correct information.  The imp app doesn't work at all if the source
> email address isn't set.  I'm trying to store the identity in a
> postgresql database, but it isn't storing the data for some reason.

I don't know why postgresql isn't working for you, but if that's the
case some error should be yielded either to the screen or the logs. Are
you able to create database entries using other horde applications?

As for the backends.php, you really shouldn't make changes to this file,
but create other file called backends.local.php and add just what you
need in that file, as described at the beginning of backends.php.

bakcends.php will be overwritten on every update.

Also, why have you entered configuration paramaters for 'pop' and
'advanced' servers? I've noticed they are disabled, so it doesn't
matter. By why changing them in the first place? They are just examples
and in most cases you will want to enable just one of the servers, like
the "imap" server.

> I've checked extensively that the will not persist issue is still a
> problem after upgrading to all the latest packages for horde-5.2.3 via
> pear.  Please fix this in the next release of horde, it is really
> annoying.

I don't think just complaining will get you very far. This is definitely
not the way of seeking for help. It would be much more helpful if you
provided log error messages instead.

Luis Felipe