[horde] Unable to attach files in Whups

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Wed Jan 7 19:08:48 UTC 2015

On 07/01/15 14:40, Erling Preben Hansen wrote:

> Hey

Hi, Erling.

> It has nothing with gollem to do.
> Gollem don't control your backend. It uses it.
> You have to look into the limits in php and your backend for vfs.
> php has an upload limit defined in php.ini.
> and your backend for vfs can have some limitation's too.
> Since we don't know what your vfs backend is,
> and if there is any quota on it.
> We can't help without these data.
> So the suggestion is.
> Start looking through your for any limitations.
> horde -> webserver -> php -> vfs -> system -> hardware.

Do not think it's a limitation of PHP, because for example when I wanted
to upload too heavy files (15 MB), I get a record in the Apache error
log with something like this:

[Wed Jan 07 15:33:53 2015] [error] [client 10.1.0.40] PHP Warning:  POST
Content-Length of 15361369 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in
Unknown on line 0, referer:
https://webmail.opcion-libre.com.ar/whups/ticket/update.php?id=36

But when I try to attach a file whose size is less than "post_max_size",
I don't get this type entries in the Apache error log and Horde displays
a message saying that the ticket was updated, but the file was not attached.

That's why I was guiding to investigate whether there was a limitation
in the vfs backend. I don't have deep experience in setting Horde. So
when you talked about "vfs backend limitations" I thought in to check
the settings in any of the backends.php files:

ingo/config/backends.php
turba/config/backends.php
gollem/config/backends.php
imp/config/backends.php

Kindly tell me which files I would have to check.

On config/conf.php I am using the following settings:

$conf['vfs']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
$conf['vfs']['type'] = 'Sql';

Thanks for your reply and for your time.

Best regards,
Daniel