[horde] Best timing settings for Horde ActiveSync

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Sat Jan 10 09:34:20 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

having some Outlook2013 (Outlook15) clients connected to our server over
ActiceSync we have noticed a growing delay between IMAP incoming messages
and the time when they are shown in Outlook. It seems, Outlook is slowing
down ping requests over time when no new messages are coming in for about
half an hour.

(this time was not measured, it just noticed it because my smartphone was
"beeping" and my Outlook client was opening the "new message popup" just
minutes later..)

So maybe the "ping" settings should be adjusted/tuned.

What are the "best" or maybe good ping settings?

Thank you very much!

Patrick.