[horde] Kolab-stored preferenced went missing after recent update

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Feb 6 10:28:50 UTC 2015

Hi *,

on Feb 2, I pear-updated to latest Horde. Unfortunately, for more than
one user, all preference settings were lost after the next login.

We're using the Kolab back-end to store settings in an Cyrus IMAP.
Setting new preferences works, it's just that all old preferences seem
to be lost.

The prior installation was some weeks old, and during the update
Horde_Kolab_Format 2.0.6 was installed. IIRC, the prior installed
version was 2.0.4.

I turned on Horde debug and scanned the log resulting from the update,
but could not spot any error message.

Looking at the IMAP store, I do see several current (today) and older
"messages" in the user settings folder - but either from January or
from after the update. Looking at our backups, I see several messages
in the preference folder that were written on the same day that we ran
the update, but prior to the update - so I believe the now newer
messages substituted "setting files". Since we do have the backups, I
can access the messages from prior the update, but would need advice
on how to proceed.

Is anything known to anyone that might cause this... have I missed a
step during update (caches were cleared, database was updated) or
could anyone give a hint what to look at in-depth to track this down?

Regards,
Jens