[horde] A hi from a new user

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Feb 16 14:48:01 UTC 2015

>>> Not sure what exactly you mean with creating a task from an
>>> appointment, but what's on the roadmap is just to merge the tasks
>>> and  calendar applications. This is just a technical thing and
>>> won't change  anything from the user's perspective.
>>>
>> Let's say for example there is an appointment X on March 20, black
>> tie dresscode.
>> The appointment is in the calendar.
>> create task from appointment on feb 16; "call for tux", create task
>> from appointment on March 19;"pick up tux"
>> So when clicking on/creating appointment, the possibility to create
>> a task(s) with the appointment in the calendar as parent.
>
> That's an interesting concept. Where did you borrow it from? And is
> this just some simplification for creating the tasks, or do they
> still show up an sub-tasks in the event view?

This was actually suggested to me by a user/family member not too long
ago. When we talked about it, he envisioned another tab in Kronolith's
event view something like "Related Tasks" that just listed basic
details and links to the related task entries. Thought it was
interesting but didn't get much farther than that as far as
implementation goes. I might play around with this in the near future.

--
mike
The Horde Project