[horde] related tasks (was Re: A hi from a new user)

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Feb 18 07:09:50 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

>>> Let's say for example there is an appointment X on March 20, black tie
>>> dresscode.
>>> The appointment is in the calendar.
>>> create task from appointment on feb 16; "call for tux", create task from
>>> appointment on March 19;"pick up tux"
>>> So when clicking on/creating appointment, the possibility to create a
>>> task(s) with the appointment in the calendar as parent.
>>
>> That's an interesting concept. Where did you borrow it from? And is this
>> just some simplification for creating the tasks, or do they still show up
>> an sub-tasks in the event view?
>
> This was actually suggested to me by a user/family member not too long ago.
> When we talked about it, he envisioned another tab in Kronolith's event view
> something like "Related Tasks" that just listed basic details and links to
> the related task entries. Thought it was interesting but didn't get much
> farther than that as far as implementation goes. I might play around with
> this in the near future.

it might be worth expanding this idea to cover any Horde object, incl.
notes, bookmarks, messages, ... . Like a meta-container. There is a
connection from any member to the meta-container and from there to all
members. Maybe, such container could contain meta-containers as well.

In Kronolith, the content of such meta-container (the current event is
member of - aka its parent) could be displayed in (very) brief view as yet
another tab, in Mnemo it would be a real link to some other page.

--
Steffen