[horde] related tasks (was Re: A hi from a new user)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 18 09:03:12 UTC 2015

Zitat von Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

>>> That's an interesting concept. Where did you borrow it from? And
>>> is this just some simplification for creating the tasks, or do
>>> they still show up an sub-tasks in the event view?
>>
>> This was actually suggested to me by a user/family member not too
>> long ago. When we talked about it, he envisioned another tab in
>> Kronolith's event view something like "Related Tasks" that just
>> listed basic details and links to the related task entries. Thought
>> it was interesting but didn't get much farther than that as far as
>> implementation goes. I might play around with this in the near
>> future.
>
> it might be worth expanding this idea to cover any Horde object,
> incl. notes, bookmarks, messages, ... . Like a meta-container. There
> is a connection from any member to the meta-container and from there
> to all members. Maybe, such container could contain meta-containers
> as well.
>
> In Kronolith, the content of such meta-container (the current event
> is member of - aka its parent) could be displayed in (very) brief
> view as yet another tab, in Mnemo it would be a real link to some
> other page.
>
> --
> Steffen

There once existed some POC that implemented linking between Horde
objects of any kind. There even still exists some remainder in
/services/obrowser/ that allows navigating and picking application
objects.

There's also some PSR work regarding object linking:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/php-fig-link

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project