[horde] ActiveSync stops syncing mail with SQL error

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 19 18:32:25 UTC 2015

> Quoting Michael Polenske <michael at polenske.net>:

>>> You can send it to me directly if you like.
>>>

>> Hi Michael,
>> logfile attached.
>>
>> Many thanks - Michael
>>
>> --
>> ### gesendet mit meinem AtariXL ###
>
> What client is this? It looks *badly* broken.
>
> It is requesting to PING the sent mail collection before it
> initializes it with the initial SYNC request. There appears to be
> some other issue with the DEVICEINFORMATION request that I need to
> look into, but I don't think that it's related.

This also looks like broken client behavior. It is sending a
"DEVICEINFORMATION" node in the SETTINGS request but is using EAS
version 14.1 - which requires the DEVICEINFORMATION to be sent only in
PROVISION requests. Though, we don't currently block this data from
being received in this case so there may be something wrong with the
structure it is sending. I would need a wiretrace of the conversation
to see what is being sent.

--
mike
The Horde Project