[horde] Second attempt Newbie with Ambitions

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jul 15 11:52:43 UTC 2015

Please don't top post.

Quoting Jens Hellermann <hellermann at we-do.com>:

> Hello Michael,
>
> OK, I set the rights for the www-data group now on all */config
> directories and saving the administrative configurations works like
> a charm now. Still the behaviour of the normal preferences getting
> stored in the sql database but don't become appplied remains.
>
> I didn't find the horde.log but realized that syslog is quite
> informational also for msysql entries. I don't find any errors
> concerning saving the data though there was an error concerning
> xcache dynamic cache setting (was zero) which I fixed.

The horde log exists wherever it is configured to in horde's
configuration conf.php. It could very well be configured to use the
syslog. Make sure you have the logging level turned all the way up too.

> That didn't fix the issue though. I went through
> horde/config/conf.php and conf.php.dist but didn't find any mistake.
> hooks.php doesn't exist only  hooks.dist.php so nothing can be locked.

hooks.php has nothing to do with locking preferences. This is done via
prefs[.local].php.

> I have to admit I don't know how to proceed.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have configured to use
a split-read configuration for your database (writes to one instance,
reads from another).