[horde] imp signature doesn't work

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jul 16 09:55:43 UTC 2015

On Do, Jul 16 2015, at 11:41:47 +0200, Jens Hellermann wrote:

> I'm busy testing all horde webmail functionalities before going
> productive with this system. I installed the newest version 5.2.7 of
> Horde Webmail edition. Now I'm facing the problem that a signature which
> I add under Preferences\Webmail doesn't show up, when I compose a
> message.

There is a setting to control if the signature should be displayed
during message composition (signature_show_compose). So there will be a
small triangle to show/hide the signature portion at the bottom of the
message composition window.

> I searched the horde database in mysql for my signature text, but
> couldn't find it. Might it be stored in the Imap folder instead? The
> setting for the signature itself is always retrieved when I log on with
> different user names, so it seems it is stored somewhere.

No, the signature is part of the identities setting in the database
(horde_prefs table). As this is stored as blob in the database
(serialized PHP object) it might be a bit hard to find on the database
level.

Jens