[horde] Unable to attach files in Whups

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Wed Apr 27 10:44:43 UTC 2016

Hi, Vilius.

On 27/04/16 03:36, Vilius Sumskas/LNK wrote:

>>> Fortunately, I was able to fix it. In some tests trying to attach
>>> files of a few kilobytes, I noticed the files was uploaded without
>>> problems. But with slightly bigger files that those used in these
>>> tests (although always below "post_max_size"), the files were not
>>> attached.
>>>
>>> Then I tried modifying also upload_max_filesize.
>>> Then I've also configured post_max_size to the same size.
>>>
>>> post_max_size = 20M        ; Default (on Debian): 8M
>>> upload_max_filesize = 20M  ; Default (on Debian): 2M

>> Today I have this problem again to attach files in Whups.
>>
>> But I imagine that the cause will be another because I still have those
>> changes I made that time in the PHP configuration. I tried to upload
>> this file, which has a very small size in relation to the limits of PHP:
>>
>> $ ll check_zte_wan.py
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 viper viper 1885 abr 26 17:40 check_zte_wan.py
>>
>> The cause may be another? Jan was speaking about the limits of my SQL
>> backend. Would I have to search these limits in the configuration of
>> MySQL?
>>
>> I'm not sure if it will be useful, but did this query:

>> mysql> SELECT table_schema "Data Base Name",
>>     -> sum( data_length + index_length ) / 1024 /
>>     -> 1024 "Data Base Size in MB",
>>     -> sum( data_free )/ 1024 / 1024 "Free Space in MB"
>>     -> FROM information_schema.TABLES
>>     -> GROUP BY table_schema ;
>> +--------------------+----------------------+------------------+
>> | Data Base Name     | Data Base Size in MB | Free Space in MB |
>> +--------------------+----------------------+------------------+
>> | horde              |          90.76562500 |    1380.00000000 |
>> | information_schema |           0.00878906 |       0.00000000 |
>> | mysql              |           0.67012215 |       0.00080490 |
>> | performance_schema |           0.00000000 |       0.00000000 |
>> +--------------------+----------------------+------------------+
>> 4 rows in set (0.13 sec)

> If you are uploading attachments to SQL backend (which doesn't make sense
> to me), then check max packet size parameter for MySQL.

I do not remember to have changed those two variables of the
configuration regarding to vfs ($conf['vfs']['params']['driverconfig'] =
'horde' and $conf['vfs']['type'] = 'Sql'). So do you think the default
configuration is not the best?

In any case, I tried to increase the value of the max_allowed_packet
variable (default on Debian is 16M) to 32M in [mysqld] section and I
verified that the change has been applied:

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet';
+--------------------+----------+
| Variable_name      | Value    |
+--------------------+----------+
| max_allowed_packet | 33554432 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

But in the same way, Whups reports "Ticket Updated" and the file is not
attached.

I will continue investigating this problem, but if anyone has any other
suggestions I'd like to hear it.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel