[horde] PEAR base horde directory change?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Wed Jan 25 18:44:07 UTC 2017

In our backup/test environment, I just tried performing a pear upgrade
of the horde channel.  Afterward, my installation was completely broken.

I did a little investigation, and it seems the Base Horde directory
(horde_dir) setting in PEAR was changed from /var/www/html/horde to
/usr/share/pear/www/horde.  All of my existing configuration files
(conf.*, *.local.php, etc.) are still present in the old location.

Looking at the current INSTALL file in git, it mentions setting the
installation directory by installing horde_role and running appropriate
scripts, but there's nothing in UPGRADING which leads me to believe it
wouldn't just upgrade the existing installation in place as I've done
previously.

So... what gives?

Nels Lindquist
----