[horde] PEAR base horde directory change?

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Thu Jan 26 17:27:35 UTC 2017

> > > I should have probably mentioned that these settings are also
> per-channel
> > > based. You probably need "pear config-get -c horde horde_dir".
> >
> > Ah, that produced the correct result from config-get.  But that still
> > begs the question as to why my upgrade failed; looking at the command
> > line history for when I performed the upgrade, the command started
with
> > "pear -c horde upgrade" as the root user, so why would the configured
> > horde_dir not be used?
>
> The correct order of parameters should be "pear upgrade -c horde".
Though
> I'm not sure if this could be a problem. Maybe. Try testing.
>
> Other than what I've already mentioned, maybe you've managed to get
Horde
> packages installed into main PEAR channel somehow?
>
> That is hard to tell really. All I can say is that nothing in Horde
> touches configured path automatically. It's the mechanics of PEAR/OS at
> fault.

Yeah, could be it.

[root at post ~]# pear -c horde config-show
ERROR: horde/ is not a valid config file or is corrupted.
[root at post ~]# pear config-show -c horde
Configuration (channel pear.horde.org):

-c actually means configuration file when it is just right after "pear".
Probably worth mentioning in the INSTALL docs.

I don't have a test machine to test this with "upgrade" option.

--
   Vilius