[horde] Upgrade of Horde from V. 3 to V. 5 failed

Me nospam4me at excite.com
Sun Mar 12 02:28:02 UTC 2017

>As you already state, *most* systems are not case sensitive, but some
>are so Horde should at least allow to use case sensitive userIDs. If
>this is not what you want, Horde allows to change this (and much more)
>in the horde/config/hooks.php (example is provided in hooks.php.dist)
>by using a preauthenticate hook. For example

>// PREAUTHENTICATE HOOK: See above for description of format.
>public function preauthenticate($userId, $credentials)
>{
>return array(
>'userId' => strtolower($userId),
>'credentials' => $entry
>);
>}
>
>will convert all userID values to lowercase *before* authentication.

Hi Arjen de Korte,
I agree that Horde should allow for case sensitive userID's for the systems that do use that. But that function should not be enable by default since *most* systems are not case sensitive. And like I mentioned earlier, especially since a lot more people log in to the email with mobile devices with auto correct function on mobile devices. So if my email  address is my name and when I try to log in to Horde from my phone, I type a name: "john", but auto correct changes it to John. System will allow me to log in, but I will have issues with database. This is a very bad decision on Horde part to enable this by default.