[horde] [turba]: a Cisco phone book for Horde Turba

Carsten horde-groupware at familie-lahme.de
Fri Mar 2 13:25:38 UTC 2018

Am 02.03.2018 um 13:48 schrieb Jens Wahnes:
> Carsten <horde-groupware at familie-lahme.de> wrote:
>
>> http://inoculat0r.blogspot.de/2018/03/gofferje-evolved-cisco-phone-book-for.html
>>

>> As by my questions about this, here is the first working outcome of
>> my investigations.
>> Hopefully some one else can make use of it, too ;-)
>
> Since you did not find the answers you got here helpful as per your
> blog post, I might as well concede that I don't find your solution
> particularly useful. Calling it a "WFM solution" would be flattering.
> I certainly would not want to run your code on a system that's
> connected to the Internet in any way. From what I've seen in the code,
> it's utterly prone to SQL injection and AFAICT it does not take into
> account that in one Horde share, there can be entries done by
> different users, i.e. the share owner is not necessarily the the owner
> of a particular entry in the address book (or calendar). So this is
> never going to work for any larger installation. Too bad you didn't
> take your time to come up with a solution that queries the Horde API.
>
> Jens

Hi Jens, all,

1st thought: "What does he want?"
2nd thought: "He must have had a bad night!"
3rd thought: "Damn, he is serious about what he just wrote!"

1st action: Got a hot cup of tea.
2nd action: started writing.....
3rd action: stopped writing, laid back, got a nipp from the mug, deleted
everything.
4th action: rewriting:

"To be an intelligent human, does not conclude the lack of understanding
of different levels of beings!
As more intelligent the human feels, as more he is unable to change his
view to the view of his counterpart."

The only sentence left from the first storm of writing:
".... You are absolutely right..." ".... take that shit of me and put it
into Your dump, and never think about it a second time..."
;-)

life long and prosper.....

Carsten