[horde] Status of PHP 7 support?

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue May 22 21:28:58 UTC 2018

On 5/22/18 4:11 PM, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> As Slackware has finally moved to PHP 7 in -current, I am trying to get
> Horde running on PHP 7.2.5. Before posting here about the few things I'm
> battling to get going, I wanted to know if there is any official or
> unofficial position on the compatibility of Horde with PHP 7.x. I
> suppose if there are some known show stoppers, there isn't much point in
> trying to get things working. Does anybody know what the situation is,
> please? Searching online for Horde + PHP 7 returns some posts on this
> list from 2016 - but nothing seemingly more recent.

I just finished updating our debian servers 2 days ago to php 7.0.x and
I haven't run into any show stoppers so far.  We are using php7.0-fpm
and the config was the same as for php5-fpm.

The only reason (so far) that we have not moved up to 7.2 is we have a
special addition to our Horde code that uses php-mcrypt, and php 7.2
drops mcrypt because it hasn't been updated in over 10 years.

So I am in the process now of converting the mcrypt code to use the
openssl library.  I will let everyone know when we have Horde running
with php7.2-fpm (or fail to get it working).

--
Andy Dorman
Ironic Design, Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.