[horde] Horde Webmail 5.2.22 and PHP 7.1

Gonzalo Gomez gonzalo at bitnami.com
Wed Dec 5 16:18:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

Since Bitnami was founded, its mission has not changed: make awesome
software available to everyone! To deliver on that promise, Bitnami has
built a catalog of click to deploy open source applications and development
stacks.

Bitnami applications and stacks are automatically configured, up-to-date
and ready-to-use. We also configure our stacks having security in mind. The
current Bitnami installers for Horde use PHP 5.6 and, as you may know,
security support for PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0 is very close to end (
https://secure.php.net/supported-versions.php) In the past days, we have
been working on updating the Bitnami Horde Stacks installers and cloud
images for Horde Webmail version 5.2.22 and PHP 7.1. Please find below a
download link to the Linux 64 bits version of that installer.

https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/horde/bitnami-horde-5.2.22-0-linux-x64-installer.run
md5: 107a86e5a9f21784a12ce6778f9f1171

We have checked that you included PHP 7 support on that release, according
to https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/CHANGES and we have tested it
with PHP version 7.1.24 but under the /test.php URI we have found the
message below

This version of PHP has not been fully tested with this version of Horde.

We also checked that under the ‘Administration > Configuration’ panel
everything is marked as Module is up-to-date when we click the Check for
newer versions button and that we downloaded all the packages from the
https://pear.horde.org/ website. Could you please let us know if this is
anything that you are working on? Do you think that Horde Webmail version
5.2.22 supports PHP version 7.1 as to be publicly available in the Bitnami
website?

Apart from that, we would also like to know your opinion about our
installer.

Best regards,
Gonzalo

--
Run your favorite apps in the cloud with Bitnami
Confidential - All Rights Reserved.