[horde] Horde Webmail 5.2.22 and PHP 7.1

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Dec 6 11:20:05 UTC 2018

Hi Gonzalo,

Zitat von Gonzalo Gomez <gonzalo at bitnami.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Since Bitnami was founded, its mission has not changed: make awesome
> software available to everyone! To deliver on that promise, Bitnami has
> built a catalog of click to deploy open source applications and development
> stacks.
>
> Bitnami applications and stacks are automatically configured, up-to-date
> and ready-to-use. We also configure our stacks having security in mind. The
> current Bitnami installers for Horde use PHP 5.6 and, as you may know,
> security support for PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0 is very close to end (
> https://secure.php.net/supported-versions.php) In the past days, we have
> been working on updating the Bitnami Horde Stacks installers and cloud
> images for Horde Webmail version 5.2.22 and PHP 7.1. Please find below a
> download link to the Linux 64 bits version of that installer.
>
> https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/horde/bitnami-horde-5.2.22-0-linux-x64-installer.run
> md5: 107a86e5a9f21784a12ce6778f9f1171
>
> We have checked that you included PHP 7 support on that release, according
> to https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/CHANGES and we have tested it
> with PHP version 7.1.24 but under the /test.php URI we have found the
> message below
>
> This version of PHP has not been fully tested with this version of Horde.
>
> We also checked that under the ‘Administration > Configuration’ panel
> everything is marked as Module is up-to-date when we click the Check for
> newer versions button and that we downloaded all the packages from the
> https://pear.horde.org/ website. Could you please let us know if this is
> anything that you are working on? Do you think that Horde Webmail version
> 5.2.22 supports PHP version 7.1 as to be publicly available in the Bitnami
> website?

Horde is definitely working fine with PHP 7, while most PHP 7 user
probably run 7.1. I would be more conservative regarding 7.2, let
alone 7.3. But even for this version we already fixed some edge case
and fresh PHP warnings.

> Apart from that, we would also like to know your opinion about our
> installer.

It's been a while since I tested it, so I cannot say much about the
current implmentation of the Bitnami installer. But we appreciate its
availability a lot, since it offers a low-burden entry for people that
hesitate installing and administrating a complex software suite like
Horde.
So thanks a lot for your work on this!

--
Jan Schneider