[horde] Horde Webmail 5.2.22 and PHP 7.1

Gonzalo Gomez gonzalo at bitnami.com
Fri Dec 7 20:15:42 UTC 2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. This is just a quick note to let you know that we
released a new revision of our Horde installers, virtual machines and cloud
images shipping PHP 7.1.24 at https://bitnami.com/stack/horde

You can also get more information about the recent changes at
https://bitnami.com/stack/horde/changelog.txt

Best regards,
Gonzalo

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 10:40 AM Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> Zitat von Gonzalo Gomez <gonzalo at bitnami.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since Bitnami was founded, its mission has not changed: make awesome
> > software available to everyone! To deliver on that promise, Bitnami has
> > built a catalog of click to deploy open source applications and
> development
> > stacks.
> >
> > Bitnami applications and stacks are automatically configured, up-to-date
> > and ready-to-use. We also configure our stacks having security in mind.
> The
> > current Bitnami installers for Horde use PHP 5.6 and, as you may know,
> > security support for PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0 is very close to end (
> > https://secure.php.net/supported-versions.php) In the past days, we have
> > been working on updating the Bitnami Horde Stacks installers and cloud
> > images for Horde Webmail version 5.2.22 and PHP 7.1. Please find below a
> > download link to the Linux 64 bits version of that installer.
> >

> https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/horde/bitnami-horde-5.2.22-0-linux-x64-installer.run
> > md5: 107a86e5a9f21784a12ce6778f9f1171
> >
> > We have checked that you included PHP 7 support on that release,
> according
> > to https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/CHANGES and we have tested it
> > with PHP version 7.1.24 but under the /test.php URI we have found the
> > message below
> >
> > This version of PHP has not been fully tested with this version of Horde.
> >
> > We also checked that under the ‘Administration > Configuration’ panel
> > everything is marked as Module is up-to-date when we click the Check for
> > newer versions button and that we downloaded all the packages from the
> > https://pear.horde.org/ website. Could you please let us know if this is
> > anything that you are working on? Do you think that Horde Webmail version
> > 5.2.22 supports PHP version 7.1 as to be publicly available in the
> Bitnami
> > website?
>
> Horde is definitely working fine with PHP 7, while most PHP 7 user
> probably run 7.1. I would be more conservative regarding 7.2, let
> alone 7.3. But even for this version we already fixed some edge case
> and fresh PHP warnings.
>
> > Apart from that, we would also like to know your opinion about our
> > installer.
>
> It's been a while since I tested it, so I cannot say much about the
> current implmentation of the Bitnami installer. But we appreciate its
> availability a lot, since it offers a low-burden entry for people that
> hesitate installing and administrating a complex software suite like
> Horde.
> So thanks a lot for your work on this!
>

> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> https://www.horde.org/

Run your favorite apps in the cloud with Bitnami
Confidential - All Rights Reserved.
BitRock © 2018