[horde] Is horde still active?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Oct 4 19:15:37 UTC 2020

Quoting Thomas Trepper <thomas.trepper at blueclaim.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a long-term Horde Groupware user and I have to make a decision
> to use Horde again on the next server or something else. I always
> loved Horde even if the UI feels a bit dusty and outdated. :)
>
> I looked at the releases and the last release announcement for
> Horder Groupware was 2017
> (https://lists.horde.org/archives/announce/2017/001263.html) so I am
> wondering if there is still active development? What are the plans
> and when is the next (major) release planned?

We are indeed still active, albeit at a much reduced pace.  While the
Groupware bundle hasn't seen any releases in quite some time, our
individual applications and libraries (which comprise the bundles)
have seen a number of bug fix, security and small feature releases.

We are working towards a major version number release, but a number of
major roadblocks need to be addressed first. The largest of these
roadblocks is our effort to replace our current PEAR based installer
with a more modern Composer based solution.

Unfortunately we can't give you any sort of expected ETA, as we have
extremely limited resources and bandwidth at the moment.