[horde] Disable dynamic view

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Jun 29 08:20:57 UTC 2021

Am 28.06.21 um 18:48 schrieb je at ktf.rtu.lv:
> On 28.06.21 16:09, Jānis wrote:
>> On 28.06.21 15:46, Ralf Lang wrote:
>>> Hi Janis,

>>> A single config setting should not break your installation in that
>>> way. Did you by any chance change something to the /static/ dir? It
>>> should be writeable by the PHP user (in the case of mod_php, the
>>> webserver user)
>>
>  there were too many caches - I deleted everything in static, but then
>  realized that Horde cache is stored in the file system. After I cleaned
>  it up, folder list returned.
>
>  Now I am afraid to repeat experiment. Is the basic view indeed simpler
>  version of dynamic (excuse me for putting it so) and not some white page
>  with links?
>
>  Janis

Don't experiment with the production setup.

Best choose the "basic" view from the login UI first to try out if you
like what you see (and if anything is broken for you)

The official names of the names are:

/* View types. */

const VIEW_BASIC = 1;

const VIEW_DYNAMIC = 2;

const VIEW_MINIMAL = 3;

const VIEW_SMARTMOBILE = 4;

"Basic" is the traditional horde view

"Dynamic" is more reliant on ajax features which should be commonplace
even in browsers of not-so-state-of-the-art phones and tablets. This is
auto-picked on "automatic" mode when a desktop browser is detected.

"minimal" is basically avoiding CSS and JS wherever possible. I think
it's not something a lot of users actively choose to use.

"smartmobile" is based on jquery and jquery-mobile. It's a touch
optimized UI with a lot of features missing. It gets autoselected in
"automatic" mode when a mobile browser is detected.