[horde] Troubleshooting login issues with git version

Mike barjunk at attglobal.net
Fri Jul 2 23:36:33 UTC 2021

I'm setting up the git version of horde and can get the installation
to work, however, when I change the authentication to use IMAP it goes
back to the login screen when you click on the mail link.

What I have been able to find is this:
https://wiki.horde.org/faq/admin/troubleshoot and am still struggling
to get it to work.

I have a production version of the non-git version that works just
fine, but it seems like the layout of the directories are different,
so probably require a somewhat different apache config or something
similar.

When I run the test.php script, it seems to register new sessions and
behaves like my production version does.

I'm able to use the IMP imap test to verify that the account CAN
successfully complete.

session.auto_start is set to 0
use_only_cookies is checked
I'm using the hosts IP address (it is internal to my network at this time)

I'd like to make the url be https://<Server IP>/horde.

This is stored at /the/path/to/mysite/horde

So I THINK this means: my
  - fileroot/documentroot should be /the/path/to/mysite/horde/web/horde
  - webroot should be /horde

Additionally, I would have an Alias line that looked something like this:

Alias /horde /the/path/to/mysite/horde/web/horde

Additionally, I've made sure that hordeauth = true in backends for the
imap server.

But I think this isn't working as I expect because of the new
directory layout structure.

Can someone suggest some ideas for troubleshooting this?

Thanks

Mike Barsalou