[horde] Install of imp with composer not possible

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Wed Jan 25 22:54:32 UTC 2023

  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:

> I tried a new install of Horde with composer because I am not able
> to get my old Horde to work again since I upgraded to PHP8
>
> The installation process using composer was finished without any problem.
> Then I copied "/var/www/html/horde/web/horde/config/conf.php.dist"
> to "/var/www/html/horde/web/config/conf.php".
>
> After that I tried to install imp.
>
> composer require horde/imp
>
> Now I get this errors from composer
>
> Using version ^6.1 for horde/imp
> ./composer.json has been updated
> Running composer update horde/imp
> Updating dependencies
> Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.
>
>   - horde/imp[6.1.5, ..., 6.2.18] require
> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] >=5.0.0 at stable,<=6.0.0alpha1 at stable ->
>     could not be found in any version,  there may be a typo in the
> package name.
>   - horde/imp[6.2.21, ..., 6.2.27] require pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] ^5 ->
>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
> package name.
>   - horde/imp[6.2.19, ..., 6.2.20] require
> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] ^5 at stable ->
>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
> package name.
>   - horde/imp[6.2.0alpha1, ..., 6.2.0RC1] require
> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] >=5.0.0,<=6.0.0alpha1 ->
>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
> package name.
>   - Root composer.json requires horde/imp ^6.1 -> satisfiable by
> horde/imp[6.1.5, ..., 6.2.27].
>
> Systeminfo:
> composer is installed on system level.
> System: openSUSE Linux 15.4 with apche2 and PHP8
>
> --
> Regards from Austria
> Ferdinand Gruber

I've never used Opensuse, so I just built a VM to try it out. I got
Horde/Imp running once I figured out how to use the opensuse installer
(zypper) and such.

I had to be sure that php would work and that all the required modules
were installed. Here's some additions I had to make to a plain
installation of OpenSUSE.

$ zypper install httpd
$ zypper install php8
$ zypper instlal ph8-mysql
$ zypper install php-gettext
$ zypper install php-bcmath
$ a2enmod php8

Also had to add the following to my Directory declaration for the
horde/web root:

Options FollowSymLinks

The error you're getting above is because you're trying to ask
composer to install version 5 of Imp, which is NOT compatible with
php8.  You need to request the dev versions if you want this to work.

You can do this in a few different ways. You can edit composer.json or
ask for the dev version on the command line.

I did:

$ git clone https://github.com/maintaina-com/horde-deployment.git horde
$ cd horde
$ composer install
$ composer require horde/imp dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0

I did this on Opensuse 15.4 and php8. Fixed a bug or two in Turba and
still have a big one in Ingo for rule management that is beyond my
skills to fix.

brent

Links:
------