[horde] Install of imp with composer not possible

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 27 20:03:53 UTC 2023

Am 25.01.23 um 23:54 schrieb Brent:
>  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:
>
>> I tried a new install of Horde with composer because I am not able to
>> get my old Horde to work again since I upgraded to PHP8
>>
>> The installation process using composer was finished without any
>> problem.
>> Then I copied "/var/www/html/horde/web/horde/config/conf.php.dist" to
>> "/var/www/html/horde/web/config/conf.php".
>>
>> After that I tried to install imp.
>>
>> composer require horde/imp
>>
>> Now I get this errors from composer
>>
>> Using version ^6.1 for horde/imp
>> ./composer.json has been updated
>> Running composer update horde/imp
>> Updating dependencies
>> Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of
>> packages.
>>
>>   - horde/imp[6.1.5, ..., 6.2.18] require
>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] >=5.0.0 at stable,<=6.0.0alpha1 at stable ->
>>     could not be found in any version,  there may be a typo in the
>> package name.
>>   - horde/imp[6.2.21, ..., 6.2.27] require
>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] ^5 ->
>>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
>> package name.
>>   - horde/imp[6.2.19, ..., 6.2.20] require
>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] ^5 at stable ->
>>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
>> package name.
>>   - horde/imp[6.2.0alpha1, ..., 6.2.0RC1] require
>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1] >=5.0.0,<=6.0.0alpha1 ->
>>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
>> package name.
>>   - Root composer.json requires horde/imp ^6.1 -> satisfiable by
>> horde/imp[6.1.5, ..., 6.2.27].
>>
>> Systeminfo:
>> composer is installed on system level.
>> System: openSUSE Linux 15.4 with apche2 and PHP8
>>
>> --
>> Regards from Austria
>> Ferdinand Gruber
>> --
>
> I've never used Opensuse, so I just built a VM to try it out. I got
> Horde/Imp running once I figured out how to use the opensuse installer
> (zypper) and such.
>
> I had to be sure that php would work and that all the required modules
> were installed. Here's some additions I had to make to a plain
> installation of OpenSUSE.
>
> $ zypper install httpd
> $ zypper install php8
> $ zypper instlal ph8-mysql
> $ zypper install php-gettext
> $ zypper install php-bcmath
> $ a2enmod php8

In my openSuse system php-bcmath was not installed. I installed
ph8-bcmath now. Things are looking a little better. In the address bar
of the browser I get no more redirected to a login page. But I get an
error in the browser window:

A fatal error has occurred
Too few arguments to function Horde_ErrorHandler::errorHandler(), 4
passed and exactly 5 expected
Details have been logged for the administrator.

Please tell me, what happens, after you call http://horde in the browser
of your suse 15.4 VM?

> Also had to add the following to my Directory declaration for the
> horde/web root:
> Options FollowSymLinks

Options FollowSymlinks is set in the config file of the horde virtualHost.
> The error you're getting above is because you're trying to ask
> composer to install version 5 of Imp, which is NOT compatible with
> php8.  You need to request the dev versions if you want this to work.

In composer.json in the section "require" there is the line:

"horde/imp": "dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0"

This entry was set by composer, when I tried to install imp

In the first line of the error message now I see, that there must be
something wrong with PEAR