[horde] Install of imp with composer not possible

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Fri Jan 27 20:27:30 UTC 2023

  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:

> Am 25.01.23 um 23:54 schrieb Brent:
>>  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:
>>
>>> I tried a new install of Horde with composer because I am not able
>>> to get my old Horde to work again since I upgraded to PHP8
>>>
>>> The installation process using composer was finished without any problem.
>>> Then I copied "/var/www/html/horde/web/horde/config/conf.php.dist"
>>> to "/var/www/html/horde/web/config/conf.php".
>>>
>>> After that I tried to install imp.
>>>
>>> composer require horde/imp
>>>
>>> Now I get this errors from composer
>>>
>>> Using version ^6.1 for horde/imp
>>> ./composer.json has been updated
>>> Running composer update horde/imp
>>> Updating dependencies
>>> Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.
>>>
>>>   - horde/imp[6.1.5, ..., 6.2.18] require
>>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1][1]
>>>     could not be found in any version,  there may be a typo in the
>>> package name.
>>>   - horde/imp[6.2.21, ..., 6.2.27] require
>>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1][1] ^5 ->
>>>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
>>> package name.
>>>   - horde/imp[6.2.19, ..., 6.2.20] require
>>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1][1] ^5 at stable ->
>>>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
>>> package name.
>>>   - horde/imp[6.2.0alpha1, ..., 6.2.0RC1] require
>>> pear-pear.horde.org/horde[1][1] >=5.0.0,<=6.0.0alpha1 ->
>>>     could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the
>>> package name.
>>>   - Root composer.json requires horde/imp ^6.1 -> satisfiable by
>>> horde/imp[6.1.5, ..., 6.2.27].
>>>
>>> Systeminfo:
>>> composer is installed on system level.
>>> System: openSUSE Linux 15.4 with apche2 and PHP8
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards from Austria
>>> Ferdinand Gruber
>>> --
>>
>> I've never used Opensuse, so I just built a VM to try it out. I got
>> Horde/Imp running once I figured out how to use the opensuse
>> installer (zypper) and such.
>>
>> I had to be sure that php would work and that all the required
>> modules were installed. Here's some additions I had to make to a
>> plain installation of OpenSUSE.
>>
>> $ zypper install httpd
>> $ zypper install php8
>> $ zypper instlal ph8-mysql
>> $ zypper install php-gettext
>> $ zypper install php-bcmath
>> $ a2enmod php8
>
> In my openSuse system php-bcmath was not installed. I installed
> ph8-bcmath now. Things are looking a little better. In the address
> bar of the browser I get no more redirected to a login page. But I
> get an error in the browser window:
>
> A fatal error has occurred
> Too few arguments to function Horde_ErrorHandler::errorHandler(), 4
> passed and exactly 5 expected
> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>
> Please tell me, what happens, after you call http://horde in the
> browser of your suse 15.4 VM?

> [...]

Ensure that any pear installations of Horde have been removed or this
Horde install may try to use the system ones instead of hte installed
ones. Ensure to remove those with pear. Just nuke all of the pear
horde stuff. I have NO Horde pear stuff..."pear list -c horde". I have
the following pear modules installed:

$ pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.4.14  stable
Console_Getopt   1.4.3   stable
PEAR             1.10.13 stable
PEAR_Manpages    1.10.0  stable
Structures_Graph 1.1.1   stable
XML_Util         1.4.5   stable

Make sure you don't have any collisions with bcmath or gettext as
these could cause problems.

I just upgraded my Fedora 34 to Fedora 37 and got composer
horde/imp/turba/kronolith/nag/ingo all working on php 8.1. I also
upgraded my opensuse to php8.1, just to see if it would work...it does.

brent

Links:
------
[1] http://pear-pear.horde.org/horde