[i18n] problems with translation.php

Vilius Sumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Thu Mar 20 22:56:36 PST 2003

Hello all,

> Quoting Tornoci Laszlo <torlasz at xenia.sote.hu>:
>
> > I even made the mistake to blindly trust translation.php and deleted
> > these
> > erroneously obsoleted items from the hu_HU.po file that I submitted for
> > IMP 3.2.1. The readme that I had for translation.php never mentions this
> > problem, it just says:  "You'll need gettext 0.11 or greater." I had
> > 0.11.4, and thought everything was fine.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I just added a note to po/README.
>
> Jan.

Just installed newest gettext 0.11.5 with php 4.3.1. And still have the
problems with these obsolete msgs.

Here are some lines from translation.php:

Searching gettext binaries...
gettext... found: /usr/local/bin/gettext
msgcat... found: /usr/local/bin/msgcat
msgcomm... found: /usr/local/bin/msgcomm
msgfmt... found: /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
msginit... found: /usr/local/bin/msginit
msgmerge... found: /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
xgettext... found: /usr/local/bin/xgettext

gettext version: 0.11.5 OK
PHP support in xgettext: No, trying C++ instead

I wonder maybe these problems came from xgettext ?

--
  Best Regards,

  Vilius Sumskas
  LNK TV system administrator