[i18n] Fwd: Russian localization

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jul 8 06:21:43 PDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from justuss at spamcop.net -----
    Date: Tue,  8 Jul 2003 13:04:19 +0300
    From: Justus <justuss at spamcop.net>
 Subject: Russian localization
      To: chuck at horde.org

Hello, Chuck.

I am the user of Horde web-mail interface at spamcop.net. I noticed the lack of
good russian translation of this application and I am ready to do this work for
your project.

I had a conversation with spamcop admins about this issue and they redirected me
to horde.org developers. You can see it in quoted messages.

I am ready to make the full translation onto Russian and Ukrainian language. I
am experienced programmer and know all the e-mail stuff perfectly, so the
translation will be on high level.

Quoting Jeff Tucker <service at cesmail.net>:

> Stanislav,
>
> Thank you for your offer. The webmail program we use is from
> http://www.horde.org. Any translations that we have come through them. I'm
> sure that they would be interested in your help.
>
> Jeff
>
> > ----- Message from justuss at spamcop.net ---------
> >     Date: 6 Jul 2003 15:40:36 -0000
> >     From: justuss at spamcop.net
> >  Subject: Russian localization
> >       To: service at cesmail.net
> >
> > Name: Stanislav Yurin
> > Email: justuss at spamcop.net
> > Username: justuss at spamcop.net
> >
> > Hello.
> > I have just purchased my spamcop e-mail account. I have used spamcop
> several
> > years for free reporting before that.
> >
> > One bad thing I have noticed within first minutes of usage of web-mail is
> > very poor russian translation. Nearly the half of strings leaved not
> > translated,
> > several are misinterpretered. Since my main language is russian, it would
> be
> > very suitalbe for me to have webmail interface _clearly_ translated.
> >
> > If you have problems with hiring people for doing this job, I can do this
> > localization for you for free, as I am native speaking Russian.
> >

> > ----- End message from justuss at spamcop.net -----
>

> --
> service at cesmail.net
> Tired of spam? Try SpamCop Email for nearly spam-free email.
> http://mail.spamcop.net

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.