[i18n] Just want to contribute translating IMP

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Mon Nov 10 19:01:19 PST 2003

Le 10 Novembre 2003 05:23, Ignacio Agulló a écrit :
>      Hi everybody.  I just decided that it would be nice to have IMP
> translated into galician.  Galician (gl) is a language spoken by 2.5
> million people in the northwest of Spain.  After visiting www.horde.org
> I found that this language was still not present in IMPs last
> distribution.
>
>      I just thought I could contribute to translate IMP to this
> language, but I couldn't find how.  The FAQ contains precise
> instructions on how to access the files... but only after installing
> Horde, which is something I just happen not to want to do (sorry).
> Also, I couldn't find any way to contact throughout the website but the
> lists - it appears not to exist a coordinator for translations.
> Suscribing to a list is something I always find discouraging as I (like
> many of you I suppose) am already suscribed to many lists and have too
> much mail for reading.
>
>      ¿Is there a simple way to retrieve the language files and then send
> the translation back?

> |                            Ignacio Agulló                            |
> |                           ignacio at agullo.tk                          |
> |                             www.agullo.tk                            |

There is a nice script that works well in the horde/po directory which is
translation.php . You use it from the console, and it prepares the .pot and
.po files for you, you just have to do the translations after with your
favorite po editor (I use KBabel).

Reading the README file in the horde/po directory is useful, I wrote a post
for something else describing the update process.

Just stopped writing this mail 5 minutes and took what I wrote on
http://lists.horde.org/archives/i18n/Week-of-Mon-20030901/001043.html post to
update the README file which was missing the update part.

Hope that helps you and others, comments welcome :-)
--
Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique à la CS des Affluents
ben at benoitst-andre.net