[i18n] Basque

Julen Larrucea julenexum at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 07:12:06 PST 2003

Hello
My name is Julen and I'm from the basque county (South Europe). But at the
moment I'm in Finland as a exchange student.
I have noticed that the mail server of  my university (www.oulu.fi/webmail)
is translated to many languages, but not in basque.
  I think that the basque language ("Euskera" in basque) is very important
because it's one of the most older languages in europe and it's still
living. It has thousands of years and it was spoken in prehistorical times.
But the basque language it's not only from the basque country because for
example in the XIII century all the north part of spain and a part of the
south part of France used to speak it.
During the dictadure it was forviden to speak basque and for this reason the
people started to forget it, but now it's geting more and more importance,
and it's one of the two official languages in the basque country. I think
that more or less near the 60-70 % of the basque people can speak it and
  So if you want, I would like to help you to translate the key words to
basque. I dont know to much about programing but I think that I don't need
too much knowlendge about programming for doing it.
  It would be great if I could translate the words from spanish, or if not,
from english.

  I'm waiting your answer.

       Thank you

                    Julen