[i18n] Fwd: Re: Translation in general

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Nov 13 01:36:39 PST 2004

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> This is better asked on the mailing list.
>
> ----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von jancs at dv.lv -----
>     Datum: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:56:42 +0200
>     Von: Jancs <jancs at dv.lv>
> Antwort an: Jancs <jancs at dv.lv>
>  Betreff: Re: Translation in general
>       An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>
> Citēju Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> I'm actually preparing the first release candidates in this moment. But it
>> still makes sense to provide translations for the stable modules as we
> will
>> continue releasing updates with bugfixes for them.
>
> What is the mechanism of submitting the translations? I noticed, for
> example,
> that no one cared about help messages (at least in the latest stable). I can
> translate them, at least for the 5 modules i use at the moment.

Yeah, a lot of translators forget about the help files, including myself.
translation.php offers commands for updating the help files too. Just as
usual: if there are no translations yet, send yours to the list, if you
update existing ones, send them to the last translator.

> one "bug" - i can not understand why tags <i></i> are not working in the
> help
> screen - may be for them the DOM-XML is necessary?

This is no bug. The help file is XML, not HTML, only those XML tags that are
recognized by the help system are translated to HTML.

http://horde.org/consulting/