[i18n] Translation help

Joseph Yee jyee at ca.afilias.info
Tue Nov 27 03:33:51 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Joseph Yee <jyee at ca.afilias.info>:
>
>> Greeting,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile a brand new translation, Horde and IMP, in Tamil
>> (UTF-8); however I don't every words translated.  I looked and checked
>> perquisites, and upgrade/install all necessary PEAR packages.
>>
>> Following the README at /horde/po, with horde's and imp's ta_SG.po in place:
>>

>> I do specify the locale and module, instead of just init, make (because
>> I have no translation for any other module), is it not right?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand. How did you create the translation if you
> did *not* start with init?

I had, forgot to mention.
php translation.php init -l ta_SG

Can I just init 2 modules instead of all?

>> php translation.php make -l ta_SG -m horde -n
>> php translation.php make -l ta_SG -m imp -n
>
> This looks fine.
>
>> I have the compiled mo files created and found in the module's locale
>> directory, but all I got is English ONLY wording.
>
> Do other translations work? You can also send the translations you
> have so far to this list, so we can see if it's a general issue or
> just something on your system.

Other translations work.  I don't compile them, they came pre compiled,
as mo files.

I just paste few lines, as the whole file exceeds 40K, and I'm writing
the email from Windows, I have no gz tools.  I will post the file soon.
The following is po of IMP module.

-------------
# translation of ta_SG.po to Tamil
# translation of ta_SG.po to தமிழ்
# IMP 4.1 Tamil translation
# Copyright (C) YEAR Horde Project
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
# Joseph Yee <jyee at ca.afilias.info>, 2007
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: ta_SG\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: dev at lists.horde.org\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2007-03-14 19:04+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2007-11-15 HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: Joseph Yee <jyee at ca.afilias.info>\n"
"Language-Team: Tamil <i18n at lists.horde.org>\n"

#: lib/Compose.php:429
msgid "      Cc: "
msgstr "      பிரதி: "

#: lib/Compose.php:426
msgid "      To: "
msgstr "      பெறுநர்: "

#: lib/Compose.php:414
msgid "    Date: "
msgstr ""

#: lib/Compose.php:417
msgid "    From: "
msgstr "    அனுப்புநர்: "

#: mailbox.php:409 templates/folders/head.inc:7
#, php-format
msgid " (Accesskey %s)"
msgstr ""

#: lib/Compose.php:423
msgid " Subject: "
msgstr " பொருள்: "

#: templates/compose/spelling.inc:71
msgid " in "
msgstr ""

#: templates/mailbox/message_headers.inc:12
msgid "#"
msgstr ""

#: lib/Block/summary.php:87
#, php-format
msgid "%.2fMB / %.2fMB  (%.2f%%)"
msgstr ""

#: thread.php:158
#, php-format
msgid "%d Messages"
msgstr "%d தகவல்"

#: mailbox.php:165
#, php-format
msgid "%d messages have been deleted."
msgstr ""

#: lib/Spam.php:196
#, php-format
msgid ""
"%d messages have been reported as not spam to your system administrator."
msgstr ""

#: lib/Spam.php:176
#, php-format
msgid "%d messages have been reported as not spam."
msgstr ""

#: lib/Spam.php:188
#, php-format
msgid "%d messages have been reported as spam to your system administrator."
msgstr ""

#: lib/Spam.php:168

> Jan.

Thanks