[imp] spell check and ldap problems

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:12:40 -0400

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 08:59:49PM +0000, Riot Act (riot_act@hotmail.com) wrote:
> I have two different problems when running IMP.
>
> 1) The spell check function does not return any errors in email that
> contains misspelled content.

Does ispell work *outside* of IMP?

> 2) I get the following error when trying to use the LDAP search feature.
> "Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function ldap_connect() in
> /usr/share/horde/imp/ldap.search.php3 on line 238."

You need to build PHP with LDAP support.

> PHP3 3.0.17-1

Don't use that -- use 3.0.16 or 4.0.whatever-is-current.

> Everything else in IMP works great! :-) I haven't touched any of the config
> files so I am not sure what is gumming up the works on either issue.

Erm, you might want to make sure you've specified the path to ispell,
then -- the config files might not match your system right out of the
box.

   -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services